Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stranger in my own city

Counting my steps, way back home,
battered and bruised with filthy clothes on
Looking through my eyes u can feel the glow,
as I look for the faces I know.
I have been away for quite so long,
lost the count of memories past gone
Moments they seem to stretch like ages long,
as I count my steps way back home.

In the streets of my city lost long,
faces I knew are all gone.
Streets have changed;
looks on the faces have changed,
even the smiles of children are strange
The streets have lost their serenity,
makes me feel like a stranger in my own city.

2 comments:

  1. No es solo la ciudad, sino la gente misma, es como un viaje en el tiempo: Uno tiene las referencias del pasado, el preente lo hemos perdido y el futuro es un shock que no nos deja dormir.

    ReplyDelete